Session Goals: Coming out of this session, students will:
Understand the role the essays play in the college application process
Develop new topics
Your Signet Education teacher will provide advice on revisions
Recurrence: Single session
Session length: 1 hr
Class size: 1 student/family per session
Supply list: Please bring any brainstorms or drafts along with essay prompts if you'd like to discuss them.
Parent Notes: Come to the session prepared to answer questions about your student and their academic performance. A little reflection ahead of time makes for a productive session.
Teacher Experience: Alison M.
Alison joined Signet Education in 2022, bringing with her nearly two decades of experience working in selective college admissions. In addition to being a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), she graduated from Washington University in St. Louis and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Anthropology.
Alison M. stands out because:
- She read thousands of college applications and made admissions decisions for 12 years at Washington University in St. Louis.
- As a private school college counselor for over 7 years, she has helped countless students navigate course selection, extracurriculars, college lists, standardized testing, college essays, and athletic recruiting.
- She loves being the biggest cheerleader for her students as they navigate each of their unique journeys.
- She is incredibly student-centered and holistic in her counseling.
- She is friendly, knowledgeable, and meticulously organized.
- She is an expert on how applications are read at selective colleges and what families go through in the process of preparing and applying to college.
About Signet Education:
At Signet, we help teens find their path through high school, college, and beyond through a suite of academic and coaching services including one to one tutoring, standardized test prep, admissions consulting, and academic coaching.