Understand the process and timeline for college admission
Receive actionable advice on how to strengthen your application profile through course selection, extracurriculars, summer activities, and more
Receive guidance on how to build a stellar college list based on fit
Receive insight on how to write your college essays and what to write about
Recurrence: Single session
Session length: 1 hr
Class size: 1 student/family per session
Supply list: Please come prepared with your most recent GPA, course list for this academic year, SAT/ACT test scores (if any), draft college list (if any), and essay topics or drafts (if relevant).
Parent Notes: Come to the session prepared to answer questions about your student and their academic performance. A little reflection ahead of time makes for a productive session.
Teacher Experience: Alison M.
Alison joined Signet Education in 2022, bringing with her nearly two decades of experience working in selective college admissions. In addition to being a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), she graduated from Washington University in St. Louis and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Anthropology.
Alison M. stands out because:
- She read thousands of college applications and made admissions decisions for 12 years at Washington University in St. Louis.
- As a private school college counselor for over 7 years, she has helped countless students navigate course selection, extracurriculars, college lists, standardized testing, college essays, and athletic recruiting.
- She loves being the biggest cheerleader for her students as they navigate each of their unique journeys.
- She is incredibly student-centered and holistic in her counseling.
- She is friendly, knowledgeable, and meticulously organized.
- She is an expert on how applications are read at selective colleges and what families go through in the process of preparing and applying to college.
About Signet Education:
At Signet, we help teens find their path through high school, college, and beyond through a suite of academic and coaching services including one to one tutoring, standardized test prep, admissions consulting, and academic coaching.